Friday, March 14, 2008

Back To The Blog!

Its been too long since I last blogged, but I'm hoping to get back in the swing! I think I put off blogging because of the time it takes, I'm so slow at typing. So I'm going to try to do shorter posts, but saying that, this ones probably going to be quite big because of all the pics!

I've really lost my knitting mojo at the moment, well ALL my mojos seem a dim and distant memory at present. Hopefully the lighter, longer days will lift the gloom and I'll feel more up to doing things. I have done one quick knit. I realised a few days before we went to Prague that I didn't have a hat, so a quick dash to my LYS ensued! Using Woolly Wormheads Rolling beret pattern, I quickly dashed off this natty little hat in Sirdar Peru. When I say quickly, I MEAN quickly! It materialised before my eyes. And it kept me nice and snug on our weekend away.


We went to Prague with my brother and his wife. Flying from Newcastle, the flight was only an hour and a half so we were there in no time. We stayed in a gorgeous pension not far from the Old Town square. The beautiful old buildings were everywhere, a real mix of Gothic, Baroque and Art Nouveau, I think I wandered around open mouthed at the sheer size and number of them.


The old town square was breathtakingly beautiful and the cafes in the square breathtakingly expensive, but we did go into one just to experience the atmosphere.


While we were drinking our coffee, a guy with a pair of scissors, cut our silhouettes! Mine was very flattering so I bought it!



Ian's didn't look like him at all, it looked more like Benny Hill, so we had to get that one too!


It was chilly at times and Carol bought a hat to keep her ears warm!


This is a view of Prague castle from the Charles bridge.


The Charles bridge which we crossed en route to Prague Castle, was gorgeous with religious statues along the parapets and arts and craft stalls dotted along its length.


Every view was spectacular and I took hundreds of photos, most of which I won't inflict on you but a couple of favourites, first the astronomical clock which was stunning

but Tyn church in the square was my favourite of all, not just during the day when it looked so imposing and majestic, even when I got all arty and took black and white pics


But also at night, when all the turrets were lit from inside, it looked like a fairy tale castle. The photos aren't very good but to give an idea I'll post just one


I would definitely recommend Prague, but make sure you wear comfy shoes, there's a lot of walking!



'

13 comments:

kathryn said...

I like that beret! And the colour! Woolly Wormhead's got some lovely hat patterns hasn't she?
I'm very jealous of your Prague weeknd. It sounds great fun.

Hope you find your mojo soon - I'm sure Spring will bring an improvement:)

MandellaUK said...

The beret is great and it's nice to see it immortalised in your silhouette. Prague looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the picutres.

Sarah said...

Lovely to hear from you.

Sounds like a fun trip to Prague and a great hat to keep you cosy - it looks very good in silouhette too :o)

dreamcatcher said...

Love your Rollin Beret, it's a great pattern and definitely quick to make! The Prague photos are lovely, that clock is awesome. The silhouette is a lovely souvenir too!

acrylik said...

Love the hat - I remember just how quickly it knit up. And how cool for it to be in your silhouette too :D

Fab pictures from Prague - one day I might just attempt that flight ;)

xx

Daisy said...

Good to see you back & I love the beret!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Kat! Your hat is very chic and so fitting for a trip to Prague. You did make me laugh so with your comments about Ian's silhouette.... Glad you had a great time, hope to see you soon. Come and get crafty with us soon, we'll help to find your mojo.

Artis-Anne said...

Lovely to see you post and I am in total agreement re blogging as I am totally an inconsistent blogger these days !!
Great beret and sounds as if you needed it . I love your sillouette wearing it :)
I have heard that Prague is a wonderful city and thanks for the photos to prove it.
Don't worry about your Mojo it will come back , me I am too restless to settle doing one thing so frustrating !!

TutleyMutley said...

WOw, Prague looks like a fantastic place to visit. Great post and I'm pleased you're blogging again - I'm just as inconsistent - real life keeps getting in the way, hey.
I'll try and zap some mojo your way - I'm overflowing with it at the mo.

gonga said...

hello, you're doing so much better than me right now. The photos are great, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Maisy says the fairytale church looked georgeous. Lets hope the Mojo fairy will visit soon!!!!

RoxyK said...

Prague looks wonderful! One of the many places on my must visit list....

I hear you with the knitting mojo - you're not alone on that one. I think some sun and warmer weather should help - hope its not too long before we get some ;0)

KnitYoga said...

Glad to see you back blogging. Prague looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath

Great pics of Prague, wouldn't mind going myself.

Love your hat and that silhouette of yourself is so good.

Hope to see you soon.

xx