Monday, September 28, 2009

Brass bands and belly dancers!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being around all things sheepy! And I don't include Carrie and Becky in that description!!
It was the weekend of Masham sheep fair and the weather was glorious for late September. Carrie and I met up with Becky and her girls and spent the whole day oooing and aaahing over various breeds of sheep, fleeces and fibres.
We watched the sheep race, (or should I say we watched a man running with a bucket of food in front of four sheep and three men behind them trying to stop them from running back to the pen, not always successfully) sheepdogs rounding up ducks and geese, brass bands and bellydancers and even found time to have a fab picnic in the autumn sunshine.
I was so pleased that we met up with the wonderful Artis-Anne and Tony, ( many thanks to Amber for passing on the S. O. S.!!) it was so nice to see them again and as usual, I could have spent all day chatting to them. Daniela from FeltStudioUK was spinning her wonderful art yarns and I just couldn't resist some of her gorgeous fibres. And I just HAD to buy a 'Know your sheep ' book after puzzling over the many and varied breeds on show!
The day was rounded off with a lip lickingly scrummy ice cream with a special low calorie flake! (Gone off on a chocoholic tangent now, low calorie flakes, mmmm! wish there were such things, apart from in my imagination!!)
So all in all, it was a brill day, with good company, good food, good weather and when I got home exhausted, it was Goodnight!!

5 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Sorry we didn't get there this year would have loved to meet up with everyone:)

SueJ said...

I went too! It is a great day out!

acrylik said...

It was a fab day :) xx

gonga said...

Think it would be an accurate description to say I was all things sheepy!!! Had a great day too, and the girls are still lassoing each other with the rope they made!! hope to see you at art centre on Friday. have fun.

thekathrynwheel said...

Hee hee, just browsing through your blog. I was at the Masham sheep fair too! Maybe we passed each other! Kate :-)