Saturday, February 05, 2011

In The Doldrums

The wind has definitely gone from my sails at the moment, for reasons I won't go into and it feels like my creative mojo along with any motivation I had, has been loaded into a cannon and shot into the wide blue yonder.

I think I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and doing absolutely nothing at the moment, but it can't stay like this, I hope anyway.

I did get the hottie cover finished but I haven't took a photo yet. I keep thinking about starting some knitting, I've got hoards of laceweight, but that's about as far as I get. I might have a look on Ravelry and see if anything catches my eye.

My brother is getting married in August and has asked me to do the invitations etc. Its a bit hard at the minute but I need to get them done. It might help distract me and stop me wallowing in self pity.

Before I go, I just want to say to Carrie and Lynn, thank you for everything, for being there, for listening and just for being wonderful friends. It means so much.

6 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

sending lots of hugs, things will get better and you have friends who care

erasercarver said...

{{{hugs}}}

Artis-Anne said...

Aw hun I so feel for you , sending HUGE cyper hugs and hope that you will soon be feeling brighter. There will be better days ahead I promise
Annie xx

Unknown said...

Its awful when your mojo disappears. Mines gone too. Do think that our 2 mojo's are off on holiday somewhere??

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Love

Jill
x

Kevin & Stephanie said...

This is the first time that I have read your blog...I like it very much! You are a very good artist...keep up the great work...your journal is beautiful!! My name is Stephanie. I live in Ohio, USA. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, however, live in the UK...Surrey to be exact...and I miss them terribly! So, I can really relate to your latest post...I too have been down in the dumps...not only because of missing them, but this weather is really playing havoc!! I am sick and tired of the snow and cold temps, the house being cold and everything that goes with the cold!! Brighter days ARE around the corner -- just wish they would come a bit quicker!! {{{HUGS}}} Take Care! Stephanie

Daisy said...

Take care - is there a smallish project you could try?